GPON ONU Combo With Advanced Eye Shaping
GN25L96 is a low-cost combined burst mode laser driver and limiting amplifier designed for gigabit passive optical network (GPON) optical networking unit (ONU) applications. GN25L96 features automatic extinction ratio control for reliable operation of the laser over all conditions. Advanced transmit and receive eye-shaping improve signal integrity performance. A high accuracy auto-ranging A/D converter and on-chip temperature sensor give precise diagnostic reporting.
Applications for GN25L96 include module and BOSA-on-board optical networking units (ONUs). GN25L96 forms a low-cost chipset with the GN25L54 transimpedance amplifier (TIA).
- 3.1Gbps receiver, 3.1Gbps transmitter
- Automatic mean power and extinction ratio control
- Advanced transmit and receive eye-shaping
- Temperature compensated modulation current with on-chip temperature sensor
- TX_SD and rogue ONU alarms
- Fast burst on timing
- Fast burst mode loop settling time
- GPON fiber to the home (FTTH) ONU/optical networking terminal (ONT)
- Gigabit ethernet passive optical network (GEPON) fiber to the home (FTTH) ONU/ONT
- Gigabit ethernet SFP modules
- SONET/SDH SFP modules
- Common public radio interface (CPRI) SFP modules